Australia Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
This visa that is popular with backpackers, as it allows young people to spend up to 12 months at a time, working and travelling around Australia. Australia working holiday visas give an incredible opportunity for young people aged 18 – 30 (18 – 35 for Irish and Canadian citizens) to travel around Australia, whilst permitting them to work legally under Australia’s Working Holiday Programme. This gives young people the ability to earn extra money whilst in short-term employment to help finance their vacation. The most popular (but by no means the only) source of employment, is seasonal work such as Fruit Picking
What does the visa allow?
- An Australian working holiday visa will allow you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. During this time, you may leave and re-enter Australia as frequently as you wish. The 12-month period in Australia starts from the day of entry.
- You have 12 months, from the date of the working holiday visa being issued, to enter the country
- You may work to subsidise your travel; however, you are not allowed to work for any one employer for more than 6 months.
- You may also study or train for up to 4 months whilst visiting on an Australian working holiday visa. If you require longer time to study, please see details of the australian student visa
Thinking of spending more time working in Australia?
- you have completed the 3 months work in eligible employment
- in authorised post code areas.
If you think you may want to do a second year later on, have a look at the requirements for further working holiday visas, to ensure you keep this option open. Specifically, look at the previous work requirements, as this could have an impact on your ability to apply for a second year working holiday visa.
On the other hand, if you are thinking of staying in Australia on a permanent basis, you may wish to consider Australian Skilled Migration
Working Holiday Visa Australia: Requirements
You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your working holiday. You may be asked to show evidence of this on arrival.
A sufficient amount is generally regarded as being a minimum of AUD$5,000, although the amount may vary depending on your length of stay and how much travelling you intend to do. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia if travelling on a one way ticket.
Evidence may include a certified copy of a bank statement and an air ticket out of Australia.
Australia working holiday visa cost
Apply for Australian working holiday visa
Our Visa Application Service
Our expert migration agents will review your details and process your application, ensuring the process is as quick and painless as possible – normally within 48 hours from you supplying all the requested information.
Remember you are in safe hands – you will be assigned a named member of our team, who will assist you through the process. Our team have decades of experience and are fully up-to-date with the latest working holiday visa requirements, as specified by the Australian Government Department of Immigration.
Australian Working Holiday Package:
As an added bonus to the visa application, we will include in the application assistance with
- applying for the Australian Tax File number (TFN) essential for you to work
- opening an Australian Bank Account
We make no additional charges for either of these services. Further information will be required to complete either of these essential items for your trip.
We can also provide contacts for the following services that may be of interest to your trip to Australia:-
Check your eligibility now.
How long does it take to get an Australian working holiday visa
working holiday visa Australia criminal record
working holiday visa Australia age limit
Australia working holiday visa jobs