Australian 6 Month Tourist Visa Application
Should you plan on visiting Australia for an extended stay (longer than 90 days), you will be required to apply for a long stay Australian tourist visa.
After the standard tourist visa, which allows for stays of up to 3 months (90 days), there are other options available for stays of up to 6 months and stays of up to 12 months.
Australian Tourist visa for up to 6 months stay: What is permitted?
This visa permits you to stay in Australia (for the purpose of tourism) for up to 6 months at a time. If you require longer periods of stay, you should choose the 12 month tourist visa option.
- Your 6 month tourist visa is valid for 12 months from the date it is issued.
- The visa allows for multiple visits, i.e. you will be permitted to leave and re-enter Australia as frequently as you like during this 12 month period.
- You may only stay for up to 6 months on each visit.
- You will not be able to re-enter after the anniversary of the date the visa was issued.
Requirements of a 6-month tourist visa
To be qualified to apply for a 6 month Australian visitor visa, you must agree with the following conditions:
- Your trip should be for tourism purposes – working is strictly prohibited!
- You must have the capacity to show proof of funds in your bank account that are sufficient to sustain you during the trip
- If somebody is providing accommodation we will require their details.
- You must not spend longer than 3 months studying while in Australia.*
* If you plan to study for longer than 4 weeks in Australia, you may be obliged to undergo a chest x-ray examination.
If you are over 75, you will be required to have medicals at an approved clinic
Note: If you have criminal convictions to declare, extra costs will be incurred.
Our Visa Application Support Service
Once we receive your online visa application, you will be allocated a named member of our team who will assist you through the process.
- Prepare a check list of suitable supporting information for your application
- Go though with you the detail and advise if anything requires amendment
- Prepare the presentation to Australian Immigration
- Advise on any queries that occur after the application is submitted
How long does it take to get a 6-month visa for Australia?
The typical processing for a 6-month tourist visa application is about 2 – 4 weeks from the time you supply all required supporting information (not from the date of the application).
If further Medical or Police Checks are required, then it will take longer. The exact time will depend on the exact pathway your application takes.
There will also be additional fees to pay if medicals or police checks are requested. These fees will be payable directly to the appropriate agencies.