Australian Visa for Pakistani Citizens
How do I get a visitor visa for Australia on a Pakistan passport?
An Australian Visa for Pakistani citizens allow travel to Australia for the purpose of tourism, to visit friends or relatives, or for business visitor purposes.
An Australian visitor visa for a Pakistani passport holder is valid for 12 months and usually allows for multiple visits during that time.
You are not allowed to do paid work in Australia on these visas.
Dependent on your personal circumstances, the visa that is granted may be for a shorter period than you applied for.
We advise you not to confirm any travel plans or flights prior to a decision on your application
Tourist visa for Australia from Pakistan, for Pakistani passport holders
On a Pakistani passport you may apply for an Australian tourist visa for the purposes of tourism, holidays, visiting family. You can apply to stay for up to 3, 6 or 12 months in Australia but the length of stay may be less than you apply for.
You will be required to supply a copy of your passport and other supporting information, a list of which will be supplied after registration
Australian Business Visa for Pakistani passport holders
You will have to provide proof of the purpose of your travel.
As with the tourist visa application, you will be required to supply a copy of your passport and other supporting information, a list of which will be supplied after registration
What isn’t covered by visitor visas
Only limited study is permitted
On a visitor visa you may only study for a maximum of 3 months. If you wish to study for longer, you should look at an Australian Student Visa
You cannot work in Australia
An Australian visitor visa does not allow Pakistani citizens to do any paid work in Australia. Unfortunately Pakistani passport holders cannot apply for working holiday visas, but there are work visa options available. Please contact our offices for information
If you have Criminal Convictions
You must declare all criminal convictions. Depending on your personal circumstances and any sentence(s) imposed, the visa application process will be more complicated. It will take longer and you will have to pay additional charges. If you have criminal convictions, you must go to Australian visas for individuals with criminal convictions and register there instead.
How to apply for Australian visa using a Pakistani passport
If you hold a Pakistani passport, the normal electronic application can’t be used. The application process for a visitor visa for Australia is manual. Our team of experienced advisers can assist you with this.
You may apply either from within Pakistan, or from the country where you normally live. If you are applying from outside Pakistan, you must have at least of 6 months remaining on your residency permit for your country of residence.
You are also required to have at least of 6 months left on your passport on the day of departure from Australia. The visa is digitally linked to your passport. This means that if your passport is replaced for whatever reason, you will have to re-apply for your the visa and incur the application fees again.
STEP 1: Register your request to apply for an Australian Visitor Visa using a Pakistani passport.
We invite you to register your request to apply for an Australian visitor visa. One registration fee will cover multiple applications.
The cost of this initial registration is £28.00
STEP 2: Preparing your information and checklists.
Once you have completed the online registration, a named member of our team of experts will contact you and provide a checklist of suitable supporting information for your application, and also where to apply.
STEP 3: Submit you Visa Application
You may feel that you now have enough information, and that you can continue to complete the application on your own. However, if you would like further assistance from our experienced advisers, our Professional fee is £90 per application.
For this fee we will
- advise on the suitability of your supporting information before submitting the visa application
- advise you on any changes that we feel may be useful
- prepare the application and submit it to Australian Immigration
- be available to advise on any questions raised by Australian Immigration after submitting your application.
We make no other professional charges
STEP 4: Pay any additional fees
These fees will be payable directly to the agency / organisation that provides the service.
Australian Immigration costs
The Australian Government application fee is AUD140.00
For South African passport holders there can be further fees for:
- medical examinations / health checks that you may be have to undergo
- police clearance certificate for every country where you have lived
- recognition checks e.g. passport type photos or fingerprints
- any documents that need to be verified, e.g. passport
These fees paid are for the processing of your Australian visa application, therefore you will NOT be able to claim a refund if the application is refused
Australia visitor visa requirements for Pakistani Citizens
General requirements when applying for an Australian visitor visa
- You must be outside Australia when you apply for the visa
- You must meet health requirements:
Australian Immigration use The World Health Organisation guidelines to assess the health risk you may pose. The WHO considers Pakistan to be a high risk country for tuberculosis. The medical checks you have to undergo will take this into account, and depend on your personal situation
- You must be of good character:
If you have any criminal convictions, you must declare them. Australian Immigration will consider these, along with a number of other factors to assess your character. If you have a criminal record, you must apply on the criminal conviction application system.
- Debts to the Australian government:
You or your family must have no debts to the Australian government from any previous trips to Australia
- Have sufficient funds:
You must provide proof that you have access to enough money to pay for your whole trip
- Be a genuine visitor:
You must obey the conditions of your visitor visa and leave Australia before your visa expires
- Adequate Health insurance:
Australia does not have agreement with Pakistan to cover medical expenses. This means that you’ll be personally responsible for any medical bills during your stay in Australia. You must ensure that you have sufficient health cover before entering Australia
Supporting documents required by Pakistani Passport Holders applying for an Australian Visitor Visa:
When you apply for your Australian Visa, you must provide various items of information to Australian Immigration. This is required to enable them to fully assess your application. It is in your interest to provide all the information that they request.
This is an example of the supporting information:
- A certified copy of your passport
- The purpose of the trip,
- If you are applying for a tourist visa, this is can be to visit friends, relatives or for tourism. You will have to provide details of your travel plans
- If you are applying for a business visitor visa, this can be to attend meetings, seminars, business negotiations etc. This visa doesn’t permit paid work in Australia, and you are no allowed to sell goods during your visit. You have to provide details of your trip and a letter of invitation from the company that will be your host.
- Proof of funding: This can be bank statements, or a letter of invitation showing your host is willing to provide accommodation or pay travel expenses in Australia. You also need to show that your flights (both ways) will be paid for before you visit Australia
- Your intention to leave Australia (e.g. a return flight)
How long does it take for a Pakistani passport holder to get an Australian Visa?
Once Australian Immigration have received all the supporting information that they have asked for, they will start to process your your visa application. It normally takes about 4 weeks to reach a decision. This is from the day that they have all your information, not from the day of making the application. The actual time that it takes will depend on your personal circumstances, so this as a guideline only.
We suggest that you to wait until you have your Australian Visa, before confirming your travel plans.
Conditions of an Australian Visitor Visa for Pakistani Citizens
The conditions of your visa will depend on
- your personal circumstances,
- the reason for your trip to Australia, and
- how long you intend to stay in Australia.
The conditions for a visitor visa are:
- You may not do any paid work
- You are only allowed to study or attend training for 3 months in total.
- Make sure that you have adequate health insurance for your entire trip to Australia.
- You must leave Australia before your visa expires.
- Australian Immigration may grant the visa for a single visit, or for multiple visits. You must check the conditions of your visa
Please note that the visa may be granted for a shorted period of time than you have applied for.