Australian 12 Month Tourist Visa: Application
Australia is a huge country, and it takes a while to see everything.
Visitors hoping for an extended stay in Australia (longer than 6 months), who are travelling for the purpose of tourism, are able to apply for a visa that will allow for a stay of up to 12 month with a Australian holiday visa.
Once your visa has been issued, you will have up to 12 months to enter Australia i.e. up to the anniversary of the issue date.
When you are in Australia, you are entitled to stay for a period of up to 12 months (from the date you first enter).
During this time you may leave and re-enter Australia as frequently as you wish, the visa grant allows for multiple entry. Be aware however you can’t however re-enter after the anniversary of the issue date of your visa grant.
To be qualified to seek an Australian 12 month holiday visa you must agree with the following conditions:
- Your trip must be tourism purposes – working is strictly prohibited!
- You must have the capacity to show proof of funds in your bank account. 3 months of bank statements will be required
- If somebody is providing accommodation, their contact details and status in Australia will be required.
- You will be required to show your reasons for leaving Australia, this can be to return to your country of residence for family reasons
- You must not spend longer than 3 months studying while in Australia.*
* If you intend to study for longer than 4 weeks in Australia, you may be required to undergo a chest x-ray examination.
For over 75’s medicals are likely to be requested
Note: If you have criminal convictions to declare, extra costs will be incurred.
Our Visa application Support Service
After you have lodged the application you will be allocated a named member of our team who will assist you through the process.
- prepare a check list of suitable supporting information for your application,
- go though the details with you and advise if anything requires amendment
- prepare the presentation to Australian Immigration
- advise on any queries that occur after the application is lodged.
The time line of this application is about 2 – 4 weeks from the time you supply all required supporting information (not from the date of lodgement of the application).
If further checks are required for medical or police checks,then the time line will be greater – dependent on the pathway your application takes. There will also be additional fees to pay if there are medicals or police checks. these fees will be payable directly to the appropriate agencies.